About The Role
We’re looking for a developer with a can-do pragmatic approach to software development. The logistics team is going through exciting changes that involve the design and development of new systems, improving existing systems and working with some of the very latest technologies available.
You will be a key member of the team, actively suggesting improvements and collaborating with, and mentoring existing team members. You will have access to the tools and resources to do your job and you’ll have the opportunity to participate in multiple internal interest groups such as DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Work on a new platform using modern technologies such as AWS, React, Java 11 and Spring boot.
· Writing well designed code including the use of TDD/BDD
· Involvement in software and architectural activities and decisions
· Identifying production and non-production application issues
· Transforming requirements into solutions
· Improving existing applications
· Pair programming and code reviews
· Support innovation and continuous improvement by investigating and researching technologies that are fit for purpose
· Mentoring existing team members
For more details about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org #AOJobs
A Few Things About You
· Minimum of 2 years experience using Java 8 and onwards (earlier versions will be considered)
· Spring/Spring boot experience
· API development inclusive of building RESTful services and microservices
· Junit and Mockito experience
· Maven and Git Experience
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Agile development experience
Nice to haves:
· Knowledge of JDBI
· Knowledge of React
· DevOps experience (such as AWS, Azure DevOps)
· Mentoring skills
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance