A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
This is an opportunity for a seasoned all-rounder to join an enthusiastic team of 7 engineers in our effort to provide exceptional 1st and 2nd line support to our customers in AO’s ever growing 2000+ user base. Primarily you will be responsible for maintaining our daily operations in our main Bolton HQ. This is Inclusive of technical support across a wide range of devices and multiple OS platforms (Primarily windows based).
You will also have the opportunity to work autonomously to identify and tackle areas of improvement throughout your role with the opportunity to work closely with the team on numerous large scale projects in relation to ongoing customer service & efficiency initiatives.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Working closely with all members of the IT and Business Team including Senior management and Directors of Ao.com
- Prioritising calls and managing escalations where required
- Demonstrating problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it
- Constantly keeping our end users informed, oral and written communication skills are essential, the ability to be able to produce clear and concise written information.
- Displaying a Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
- Providing day to day Support of ‘Live’ Application Systems to Application Support Analysts (Second Line Support)
- Identifying areas of improvement and driving change
- Remote monitoring of business-critical products and service levels, PC and server configuration
- Providing offsite/onsite support where required (Travel to other European territories and multiple locations in the UK may be required)
A Few Things About You
- Good working knowledge all Windows OS including Windows 10
- Good working knowledge of Apple MAC OS support
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Management/Maintenance of Microsoft Azure Active directory & Exchange
- Good knowledge of networking and internet technologies and various operating system setup & configurations, technical support skills handling problems related to DNS, DHCP
- Software Deployment experience SCCM, InTune etc
- Group Policy Management experience
- Knowledgeable of varying tools for Desktop imaging
- Hardware Repairs (Laptop/Desktop/Mobile)
- Understanding of VOIP Systems
- Office 365/SharePoint knowledge
- *Full Driving Licence required**
We believe that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.