IT Site Support Engineer (1st/2nd Line)
About The Role
Here at AO, we know that people are our superpower. Our customers rely on us to be exceptional in the moments that matter, and we can’t do that without a perfect team of technical support.
As an IT Support Engineer, you’ll join a community of tech specialists that all work together to provide 1st and 2nd line support to our customers and AOers. We’ll look to you to support our daily operations throughout our head office teams. This will be across a wide range of devices and operating systems, so you can be sure no two days will be the same.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You’ll work closely with all IT and Business team members, including senior management and directors of AO.com & AO Mobile. When calls come through, you’ll know how to prioritise them and escalate them for further support if needed.
Problem solving will come naturally to you - with a knack for being able to identify areas for improvement. Everyone has a voice at AO, so we’re always open to hearing about new ways to create a better service.
Our 1st and 2nd line support engineers are always visible at our head office. You’ll build great relationships with our key stakeholders with your customer-centric approach and ability to keep end-users updated and informed.
A Few Things About You
We’re looking for a solid tech all-rounder. You’ll need to have good knowledge of both Apple and Windows products and operating systems, but we primarily use Windows here at AO.
One minute you’ll be fixing networking and internet technologies, then you’ll jump onto Office 365 and Azure Active Directory issues. So we’ll need you to have experience looking after both hardware and software.
For this role a driving licence will be required as you will occasionally be travelling across sites.
You’ll also need to have:
- Strong knowledge of Office 365
- Hardware repairs (laptop, desktop, mobile)
- Experience of Active Directory
- Group Policy Management experience
- Knowledgeable of varying tools for Desktop imaging
- Understanding of VOIP Systems (nice to have!)
- Software Deployment experience - SCCM, InTune etc (nice to have!)
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- £200 annual attendance bonus
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.