About The Role
Safeguarding AO’s users and their data from automated and targeted cyber attacks
The role will demand a highly technical background and the ability to understand, manage and resolve incidents of varying scale and complexity.
You will be part of a new initiative focused on shielding user’s from malicious intent through proactive security solutions and staff awareness training programs.
This is a team who are given the trust and freedom to innovate and delivery security practices that is right for the business, without compromising AO’s velocity. Security advancements will be driven by your team, requiring you too regularly think outside the box to meet requirements and agreed deadlines.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· End-point protection
· Desktop Patching
· Educating users
· MS 365 Security hub
· Email Security
· Web protection
· Managing elevated permissions
· Monitor, analyse and report
· Security Best Practices
A Few Things About You
· Experience with 365/Azure security tools
· Great communication skills; emails, face to face, and to an audience
· Very analytical and capable of extracting their findings in a readable report
· Passionate about cyber security and protecting end-users
· Managed a commercial email security service such as Mimecast or proofpoint
· Enjoys posting and promoting security through Blogs and forums.
· Patching solutions for an enterprise organisation
· Knowledgeable on DMARC, DKIM and/or SPF
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance