A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
Safeguarding AO’s users and their data from automated and targeted cyber attacks
The role will demand a highly technical background and the ability to understand, manage and resolve incidents of varying scale and complexity.
You will be part of a new initiative focused on shielding user’s from malicious intent through proactive security solutions and staff awareness training programs.
This is a team who are given the trust and freedom to innovate and delivery security practices that is right for the business, without compromising AO’s velocity. Security advancements will be driven by your team, requiring you too regularly think outside the box to meet requirements and agreed deadlines.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- End-point protection
- Desktop Patching
- Educating users
- MS 365 Security hub
- Email Security
- Web protection
- Managing elevated permissions
- Monitor, analyse and report
- Security Best Practices
A Few Things About You
- Experience with 365/Azure security tools
- Great communication skills; emails, face to face, and to an audience
- Very analytical and capable of extracting their findings in a readable report
- Passionate about cyber security and protecting end-users
- Managed a commercial email security service such as Mimecast or proofpoint
- Enjoys posting and promoting security through Blogs and forums.
- Patching solutions for an enterprise organisation
- Knowledgeable on DMARC, DKIM and/or SPF
- Powershell scripting and automation driven
- Supporting the acquisition of Cybersecurity essentials Azure certifications
We believe that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.