A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Contracts & Supplier Manager to join the AO Commercial IT team in Bolton.
The IT Contracts & Supplier Manager will be responsible for managing commercial relationships with key IT suppliers and will strive for best practice, proactively manage contract performance, identify and deliver additional value which ultimately has a lasting impact.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Support the development of best practice methodology for SRM through the application of effective contract management policy and process.
- Manage key IT supplier contracts, ensuring all business requirements are suitably supported by external vendors through proactive account development and management
- Identify opportunities to drive value and improve the performance of the existing and potential supply base
- Maintain and build business relationships with suppliers so that favourable terms can be agreed with the supplier to suit business needs
- Continually look to drive improvement via improved processes and tooling
- Monitor and analyse supplier performance, ensure and agree and implement improvement plans with suppliers, monitor supplier engagement.
- Control the commercial change process for key performance indicators/SLAs to ensure that the indicators in use are providing internal stakeholders with the visibility needed
- Undertake service review meetings with suppliers to ensure customer satisfaction and SLAs are achieved and maintained.
- Review existing IT contracts and services and working through renewals.
- Transform the engagement of existing IT supplier relationships and establish a partnership approach to deliver seamless services.
- Produce and present monthly IT supplier management report covering achievements, supplier management, service health, capacity and performance.
A Few Things About You
- Demonstratable experience of managing key supplier relationships
- A good understanding of IT commercial contract terms and Conditions
- A good working knowledge of performance measurement, reporting methods and technology.
- Some Procurement experience, ideally in possession of or working towards the CIPS qualification
- Strong commercial awareness with a demonstrable record of value-based delivery
- Effective communication skills at all levels and with excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
We believe that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
•Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
•You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
•We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
•25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
•At least 5% contribution pension scheme
•Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.