A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We think that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
We are actively seeking an IT Commercial Administrator to assist the IT Commercial team with day to day purchasing activities. Located at our main Bolton office the ideal candidate will oversee daily tasks associated with the procurement of IT Hardware, Software and Consumables from initial quotation through to delivery to site, receipt of goods and invoice reconciliation. In addition along with our 3rd Party Fleet management company will assist in managing AO’s fleet of staff vehicles.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
IT Office Administration
- Assist with General IT Administration tasks as required.
- Assist with the purchase of IT Hardware, Software and Consumables through preferred and strategic supply partners.
- Request quotations and obtain best pricing from appropriate suppliers
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to achieve necessary delivery timescales
- Place orders on designated purchase ordering systems
- Manage goods received and carry out asset tagging of new kit including peripherals and mobile phones.
- Liase with internal Finance teams to manage invoice reconciliation to ensure timely payments to suppliers
- Assist with periodic Procurement audits
- Providing weekly and monthly reports and information as requested by line manager and other colleagues.
- Assist in the management of the company staff mobile telephones ensuring maintenance and distribution to relevant personnel.
- Management of mobile device provisioning including ordering of new phones, sim assignment, call & data plan allowances, billing.
- Assist AO Logistics teams with management of Handheld Terminal (HHT) provisioning and Maintenance.
- Support colleague onboarding, role changes and offboarding
- Distribution of hardware devices to local offices and remote sites.
- Provide regular management reporting
- Assist our third-party provider in actively managing AO’s fleet of over 100 company cars
- Maintenance of the vehicle management online database keeping all changes up to date
- Notify drivers of pending services and MOT's
- Place orders for new & replacement company cars and hire vehicles
- Coordinate and maintain current fleet policy documentation
- Allocate vehicles from the pool fleet when requested.
- Monitor and determine priority of vehicle maintenance, servicing and repair projects.
- Maintain fuel card records.
- Invoice and cost control
- General administration duties
- Vehicle inspection
A Few Things About You
- You will have good administrative / procurement experience with a minimum of a years’ experience preferably as an IT Administrator and/or Fleet administrator.
- Organised and ability to manage your time efficiently as this position will require you to manage many tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills are imperative as it is important you are comfortable communicating with colleagues at all levels.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.