A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
We are currently looking for an IT Asset/MDM Analyst to join our dedicated workforce on a permanent basis.
As IT Asset/MDM Analyst you will be required to provide administrative support to the IT Commercial Team and will be responsible for the management of physical assets and software licenses through the operational life cycle.
The successful candidate will need to be passionate about customer service with the ability to solve problems, work independently or as part of a team and have excellent communication skills.
This new role will provides a challenging opportunity to influence the overall customer experience of the Commercial IT Team.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Managing IT Assets through their life cycle
* To be part of a small team conducting a rolling audit of mobile devices with the objective of accounting for all devices.
* Ensuring that all IT assets are registered and that these centralised records are correct and up to date
* Management of IT assets associated with joiners, leavers and movers process. Re-harvesting to reduce costs where possible.
* Reporting any audit discrepancies and the results of audits conducted
* Document procedures and review/update on a bi-annual basis or as necessary
* IT Asset Management reporting to aid decision making - tracking and reconciling asset transactions, capital acquisition planning, depreciation, physical inventory, asset disposal and retirement
* Disposal process/WEEE Directive/Blanco
A Few Things About You
Experience of administering the IT Asset and Software licensing cycle
* Over 12 months experience of hardware and software asset management preferably with knowledge of a discovery tool such as SNOW or similar product.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, have the ability to build strong and sustainable customer relationships
* Basic understanding of standard hardware component types and their role in a typical computing environment
* Be able to develop and communicate IT asset management policies and procedures
* Be able to provide regular insights and reporting to key stakeholders around license compliance and usage
* Be able to advise key IT stakeholders on strategies to minimise costs, meet licensing requirements.
* Design and implement measures, metrics, and reporting to support company asset management objectives
* Good working knowledge of various software programs, especially Excel and standard business reporting tools
* Remain well-versed in-Service Management policies, procedures, standards and documentation
Must have :-
* High level of accuracy when recording data
* Be analytical
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong customer service skills, focused on meeting customer needs
Nice to have :-
* Some knowledge and experience with ITSM/ITIL
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.