A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
A rare opportunity to join the recruitment team as a Resourcer for IT has arisen. This is a challenging role that will offer an environment that will allow the right candidate to continuously develop, whilst working closely with an Award Winning IT team, to hire and then retain the best tech professionals.
You will join a fun and inclusive recruitment team that are relentless in their pursuit of delivering a world class candidate experience. You will be busy supporting the IT recruitment team to deliver a seamless recruitment process. Ensuring both hiring managers and candidates are happy, by relentlessly striving for a better way.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Assist the team with sourcing the best talent the market has to offer via a variety of avenues including, LinkedIn, Referrals and Networking events
* Liaise with Hiring Managers, IT and HR to ensure a seamless day one and beyond
Working with the team to provide a world-class candidate experience
* Continuously building a future talent pipeline
* Various Recruitment administration and on boarding tasks
* Confidently deal with specialised recruitment enquiries
* Providing feedback to both successful and unsuccessful candidates
* Constantly building strong relationships with employees across the business
* Work collaboratively with the wider People Team on collective projects where applicable
* Provide weekly updates around IT recruitment
A Few Things About You
* A highly organised individual with a strong attention to detail
Experience working with candidates over the phone
* Some IT recruitment experience would be highly desirable
* Positive, results driven attitude
* Confident communicator
* Somebody who is willing to go that extra mile in order to achieve their goals
* Ability to plan ahead against forecast recruitment numbers
* Resourceful with the drive to actively take ownership of projects and development opportunities
* Telephone interview experience would be highly advantageous
Comfortable working within excel
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.