A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
A rare opportunity to join the recruitment team as an IT recruiter has arisen. This is a challenging role that will allow you to work very closely with an Award Winning IT team, to hire and then help retain the best tech professionals. You will be given the autonomy to make a real impact and help drive our recruitment strategy for the year.
You will join a fun and inclusive recruitment team that are relentless in their pursuit of delivering a world class candidate experience. You will be busy supporting the IT recruitment team to deliver a seamless recruitment process. Ensuring both hiring managers and candidates are happy, by relentlessly striving for a better way.
We are at the beginning of an extremely exciting year where we are looking to grow the current IT team by up to 50%. You will be given the autonomy and freedom to make a real impact and ultimately have a huge impact on overall business objectives.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Liaise with Hiring Managers, IT and HR to ensure a seamless day one and beyond
- Working with the wider recruitment team to provide a world-class candidate experience
- Continuously building a future talent pipeline
- Use various resources from LinkedIn to twitter to GitHub to source the very best tech professionals.
- Help drive brand awareness through social media channels
A Few Things About You
- Demonstrable experience of recruiting technical professionals, ideally across Software Development.
- Community presence, utilise a number of resources to build relationships externally (meet-ups, slack etc.)
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.