About The Role
12 Months FTC
You'll provide independent assurance and consultancy across the AO Group around risk management and the control environment.
Working collaboratively you'll deliver audits across the Group as per the risk-based Audit Plan agreed by the Audit Committee and Board.
We know we work better when we're together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday-Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, and give better support and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Audit planning, testing and reporting
- Internal Audit - Finance, eCommerce/Retail, Logistics/Warehousing, Recycling, Health & Safety, People and Legal
- Determine root causes for risk and control weakness
- Review recommendations with audit stakeholders, ensure implementation
- Conduct peer reviews of audit files and reports
- Ensure Internal Audit Plan is targeted towards critical risks
- Creation/review Internal Audit risk Indicators
- Support audit activity inc: fraud investigations
- Conduct audits at UK Logistics and Recycling sites
- Represent team on projects with consideration to risk and control
A Few Things About You
- Experience in internal audit, compliance or finance roles
- Completed/working towards qualifications CIA, QIAL, CIMA or ACCA
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analyse data/information and accurately
- Influencing skills and conflict management techniques
- Ability to remain independent
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
As an AOer, you’ll have access to tonnes of benefits, put together to cover the moments that matter to you. Further details are available on our benefits page;
- Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance.
- Holidays; 25 days, plus bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after 2 years with us!)
- Pension; Contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same, giving you a little extra support for the future.
- Be VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access!
- Health & wellbeing; discounted gym membership, an onsite spa and our Help @ Hand scheme giving you access to virtual GP’s, Mental Health support and much more.
- Discounts; exclusive discounts across our product range.
- Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave.
- Making a difference; 2 fully paid days a year to donate your time to any charity of your choice.
- On site perks; start your day with free on site parking, grabbing a complimentary breakfast and a coffee at our subsidised Starbucks!