About The Role
Here at AO we are looking for an Internal Audit Manager to report into our Head of Audit and alongside our present to Audit Manager to provide assurance across AO that risk taking is controlled, mitigation strategies are in place and that guidance is provided where required to reduce risk exposure. In this role you’ll have to be comfortable working at pace to deliver a challenging, risk-based Internal Audit plan covering the key business functions across the AO Group.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Working with our Head of Audit across all areas of the AO
- A significant proportion of our audits are commercial in nature and therefore require a commercially minded individual.
- You will get regular exposure to Senior Managers and will often report directly to these Senior Stakeholders.
- You will be expected to form your own judgements, make decisions and stand behind these as you navigate through to the completion of an audit.
- Proactively identifying new areas of internal and external risk.
- Developing individual audit engagement programmes.
- Conducting and developing audits in new and dynamic areas.
- Working to a challenging schedule in order to complete the Internal Audit plan.
- Working with audit stakeholders across the Group to communicate audit findings, develop recommendations and monitor progress towards implementation.
- Presenting audit findings in written reports or appropriate alternatives.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of Internal Audit processes, helping to embed new processes and support best practice.
- Providing on-going support and advice to the business regarding risk exposure and risk mitigation.
- Developing genuine relationships and trust with key business stakeholders whilst maintaining professional standards and ethic. Requirements
A Few Things About You
- Previous Internal or External Audit experience
- Commercially minded individual
- Completed professional qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIA)
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly and promote engagement in the Internal Audit activity
- Forward thinking, highly motivated, strong minded, ability to deal with directional changes
- Must be self-driven, pragmatic and able to work through ambiguity
- Must be a team player and a collaborative thinker
- A strong understanding of risk and control activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt style to the situation
- Experience in discussing contentious matters, influencing key stakeholders to achieve outcomes, negotiating actions and deadlines, managing difficult conversations
- A sharp thinker with a driven approach in order to maximise the effectiveness of Internal Audit
- Advanced Excel skills Benefits
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.