Internal Audit Assistant
About The Role
Our Audit Assistant offers an exciting opportunity for you to build life-long skills leading to a rewarding career path! As an Audit Assistant, you’ll enjoy building great relationships with our stakeholders whilst offering support and guidance throughout the audit cycle.
It doesn’t matter that you’ll be fresh to auditing. You’ll always feel supported by our Lead Auditors Katie and Rakiba and work collaboratively with the wider team to deliver our risk-based audit plan.
From day one, you’ll be working towards completing a Level 4 Internal Audit Practitioner Apprenticeship. And if you enjoyed the journey that far (which we reckon you will), we’ll put everything in place to help you climb up to a Level 7.
What we’re trying to say is you’ll learn a lot as an Audit Assistant, gaining an understanding of risk and control whilst partnering with a variety of different stakeholders
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Planning, testing and reporting the audit engagements as part of our Internal Audit team
- Linking in with various teams across AO such as Finance, Retail, Logistics, Recycling and more
- Playing a hand in creating our Internal Audit Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) with Ben, our Internal Audit Data Manager
- Reviewing audit recommendations with stakeholders dotted across AO
- Supporting the Internal Audit team on various projects and admin
- Striking up relationships across the business whilst maintaining independence and a professional attitude
- Seizing the chance to complete an Internal Audit Practitioner Level 4 Apprenticeship, with the support to progress to a Level 7 and become a fully qualified Internal Auditor
- From time to time you’ll travel to our Logistics and Recycling sites to carry out audits
A Few Things About You
· Grades 4 to 9 (A to C) in Maths and English
· Brilliant communication skills
· A knack for making the right impression with lots of different people
· Top multitasker
· Super organised with a keen eye for detail and focused on delivering accurate results
· Available to travel across sites - a driving licence or working towards one would be a bonus
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.