About The Role
We've got big ambitions to become the global destination for electricals. If you like to work on the delivery of cutting edge technologies in a rapidly expanding and dynamic company this role would be ideal for you. Someone with the ability to offer high-level technical expertise on the stability and growth of both current and future systems would be ideal for our team here.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You'll be involved in all aspect of the groups WAN, LAN and WiFi infrastructure with a primary focus on providing 2nd/3rd line support for our sites. This includes the end to end delivery of new sites and deployment of new technologies.
As well as focusing on implementing new solutions, you'll be responsible for the network’s stability and robustness. We currently have around 40 sites in the UK and 7 in Germany but as the business continues to grow this number is going to rapidly increase over the coming months and years.
A Few Things About You
· Cisco Switching Configuration
· Knowledge of WAN technologies (MPLS, SD-WAN)
· Firewall admin and management (FortiGate, Palo Alto)
· Wi-Fi deployment and support (Extreme)
· Network monitoring (Solarwinds)
· IP Subnetting
· Network drawings and documentation
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling. When it comes to electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines, TVs, everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We want to change the world for the better. We treat every customer like they’re our gran and make decisions our mum’s would be proud of. We build diverse and inclusive teams and we value each and every person’s contribution. This allows us to better represent our customers and the communities we serve.
Why Choose AO?
- Finding a work/life balance is key so our core hours are 10-4pm. For most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most.
- We also offer 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays). You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to learn or pursue qualifications and we’ll cover the cost.
- Our Share Save scheme and a bonus pay-out for every AOer if we smash our targets by March 2025. Plus, we’ll help look after the future you with our pension scheme, with our contributions starting from at least 5%.
- We’ve set up a Simply Health cash plan, which can help you save towards both medical and dental care. We also have loads of dedicated wellness initiatives to keep your mind, body and spirit in tip-top shape