About The Role
We have an exceptionally exciting opportunity for someone who can grow, develop and lead an effective platform team that deliver operational excellence to the business.
We love developing individuals and teams, and will support you with your development, whilst giving you the autonomy to set your own path to achieve your aims and those of the business.
Working with your team’s specialist knowledge and skills, it will be your strategic and leadership expertise that delivers quality solutions through multiple streams; ensuring line managers and stakeholders are well informed every step of the way.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
As a respected department lead, and knowing the value of teamwork, you will regularly collaborate with other leaders to set the strategic direction for AO’s IT Services in line with business priorities.
For AO to be ‘fit for the future’, we need our platform teams to leverage cloud technologies to transform our operational services, and safely refine the practices that do not make us special. Over the next 18 months this will include, decommissioning AO’s local Microsoft services (AD, Exchange), expanding our Nutanix capabilities, supporting "studio in the cloud", and enhancing our infrastructure’s security.
A Few Things About You
To achieve this, we are looking for someone who has:
· People management and coaching skills.
· An agile way of working, appreciating that the path to a destination is never fixed.
· The ability to build and maintain relationships with external parties.
· A strong background in managing stakeholder needs and expectations.
· Experience with delivery management. Tracking, prioritising, co-ordinating and communicating.
· Great verbal, written, and presentation skills. Translating technical work into business value.
· On-prem and cloud platform knowledge
· Experience with enterprise phone, compute, and storage solutions.
· AWS and Azure organisation knowledge.
· Cloud migrations.
· Managed infrastructure services
· VMWare and Nutanix solutions
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance