A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
The Information Security Manager will play an integral part in the development, implementation, and compliance of technical security across the department. The Manager will be responsible for managing risks related to information security, physical security, crisis management, privacy, and compliance
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Develops and implements security standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for the department
- Responding to, and requesting third party security assessments tracked annually. As well as reviewing, advising and agreeing to security terms in new contracts
- Advising on data privacy, data loss protection, confidential Information, data classification and retention policies
- Regularly document, publish and review AO’s policies, handbooks and contracts regarding security
- Ensures and monitors security compliance with industry and government rules and regulations
- Coordinates with technology and business groups to assess, implement, and monitor IT-related security risks/hazards
- Determining appropriate severity classifications to risks identified and establishing escalation processes as a precaution for major breaches (inc cyber police contacts and alternatives)
- Manages the trade-offs required to manage the different levels of risk tolerance and risk exposure across the organization and balance this with risk investments
- Reports security performance against established security metrics
A Few Things About You
- Self-sufficient in providing accurate and appropriate answers regarding AO’s security details to assure clients, partners and directors
- Ability to extract requirements and risk appetite from managers, conduct risk assessment and transform these findings into short term objective and a long-term a security journey
- Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one
- An ability to effectively influence others to modify their opinions, plans, or behaviours
- An understanding of business needs and commitment to delivering high-quality, prompt, and efficient service to the business
- An understanding of organizational mission, values, and goals and consistent application of this knowledge
- An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative, and actionable manner
We believe that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.