A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
In this role, you will provide a full technical and systems support to the relevant HR systems across the people function; becoming a super-user and having a key influence in all data and system improvements.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for the HR system functionality
- Manage access and permissions for all system users, according to access needs
- Manage data integrity by regularly reporting from the system to check for discrepancies in data (working with Payroll and IT)
- Design and manage the change request process for any changes to the system (i.e. additional fields, new ripple processes, upload of letter templates, etc)
- Develop AO wide standard reports and schedule these to be pushed out from People HR to meet the MI requirements of the business
- Liaise with supplier(s) regarding technical roadmap/ new functionality being released (working with HR Systems Specialist)
- Mapping and governance of organisational hierarchy across systems
A Few Things About You
- Previous experience within a database administration role
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Innovative and proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and job prioritisation skills
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.