HR Process Improvement Specialist - 12 month FTC
About The Role
The People Team is a centre of excellence with the aim of building the organisation of the future - to achieve its mission and purpose. Our evolving and dynamic values-based approach to systems change for AO will strive to build the organisation’s capacity to achieve and sustain a new desired state that increases the wellbeing and effectiveness of the whole organisation.
You'll work with our people services and wider people team to apply a continuous improvement approach to our people processes, ensuring that they are as efficient as possible, whilst maintaining our unique AO people experience.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Lead a review of People processes, with a particular focus on the transactional processes of the employee lifecycle
- Facilitate workshops to establish improved ways of working, involving all appropriate stakeholders, prioritising the more complicated processes or those which pose the greatest risk to the business
- Maintain a library of process documentation, including process maps and ‘how to’ guides, ensuring these are updated with changes or improvements
- Ensure processes, including any changes, comply with relevant legislation and make recommendations where risks are identified
- Coach and embed a continuous improvement mindset within the People Team, so that this approach is at the forefront of any project or initiative.
- Provide appropriate challenge to existing processes and ways of working to achieve efficiencies without negatively impacting the AO colleague experience
- Maximise the use of automation and existing business systems, recommending enhancements where appropriate
- Liaise with Tech teams and other business areas to understand whether there are opportunities for synergies in utilised technologies
- Collaborate with key partners across the business, aiming for standardisation of process whilst identifying those areas where a tailored approach would be more appropriate
- Use and analyse people data to identify inefficient processes, gaps or risks, especially where there is a cost implication for the business
- Take a proactive approach to process reviews, involving the appropriate team members to ensure successful delivery.
A Few Things About You
- Experience in a similar HR related role
- Knowledge of HR process improvement / LEAN methodologies
- Knowledge of HR policies, processes and systems
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.