About The Role
As our administrator you will support our P&D function to be organised and run efficiently. You provide vital administration support to our People Managers and P & D Advisors across the whole network by completing the following duties;
- Scanning and filing all employee documents in the correct location, in adherence to timescales
- Scheduling meetings, disciplinary hearings and evaluations
- Liaising with Managers in relation to meetings to be arranged
- Create new starter packs and send to the relevant location
- Complete new starter documents with new starters checking for any missing documentation and save into correct locations
- Updating database
- Typing up and sending letters for contract changes, passed evaluations, invite to welfare meetings and disciplinary hearings
- Escalate any queries or issues to the respective Advisor within the expected timescale
- General ad-hoc administration
- Ordering uniform for new starters and when required
- Managing the HR Admin mailbox
What will I be expected to deliver?
- Clear mailboxes at the end of each day
- Send all letters and correspondence out within agreed timescales, in line with departmental KPIs
- 100% checks on all saved documents and escalation of any issues concerning missing items
- Satisfactory compliance audit score
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Holds a thorough understanding of administration and corporate business functions
- Experience of working in a multi-faceted role, across a number of different departments
You will demonstrate the following skills;
Organised and able to work on own initiative
Effective and professional communication across the business
Methodical and timely
Able to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and peers
Familiar with Microsoft Office suite
Proficient on Excel and Word
A Few Things About You
You will be approachable have a caring and friendly personality and have the ability to prioritise tasks and workloads independently whilst displaying organisation skills alongside a great eye for detail. Being a bold, professional and courteous person you will strive to be part of our AO family and have a proactive approach to work.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.