About The Role
Ready to take your career up a gear? This AO Apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to become a fully qualified HGV Driver and earn a salary at the same time.
AO Apprenticeships are open to anyone with a full, clean licence and the drive to build a career behind the wheel. As an AO Apprentice, you’ll complete both the theory and practical tests needed to obtain your C+E License and we’ll take care of the fees so you can focus on getting the skills you need.
You’ll start your journey as part of a two-person crew delivering electricals - big and small - to happy customers from day one. Learning on the job, you’ll become the trustworthy smile behind every box and deliver the kind of service that’s helped us earn more than 290,000 ‘Excellent’ Trustpilot reviews so far.
You’ll deliver everything from washing machines to wine coolers, so you’ll need to be physically fit to take on the bulky stuff. Don’t worry, you’ll get all the manual handling training you need too. You’ll work a well-balanced shift pattern, and it probably goes without saying, but you’ll be expected to follow all driving legislation and company policies too. At the end of the apprenticeship, there’s the chance we’ll find a place for you within AO on a permanent basis - so who knows where this apprenticeship could lead to?!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Serving our customers the AO way, by always doing right by them and always with a smile
· Keep on-track with your learning - it’ll need some time and effort to earn the qualification
· Use your on-the-job training as an opportunity to flex your developing skills and knowledge
· Support your team member to become a top-notch crew
· Solve problems for our customers by making the right decisions
A Few Things About You
If you’re someone who can say ‘that’s me’ to these, you might just be the perfect fit for AO.
· The gift of the gab. Communicating with customers, your delivery partner, and the depot is part and parcel of your day.
· The drive to learn. An apprenticeship is an investment in your future career with AO.
· An understanding of driving legislation. Following the rules of the road will always be a top priority.
· Customer service experience. It’d be an advantage if you’ve worked in a customer-facing role before.
· Have a full UK/EU Manual Licence. This one’s non-negotiable.
· Have evidence of GCSE A*- C or equivalent in Maths and English. Or be okay to sit functional skills tests to prove you’re up to standard.
· Go the extra mile to raise a smile.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.