About The Role
As part our ambition we are obsessed about how we make our Customers journey via our website as frictionless as possible. So, with the Customer at the heart our thinking, we want to build a super exciting and fun customer journey that helps our visitors to convert into customers and therefore drives our Conversion and revenue.
This role is pivotal to AO’s UK growth agenda, as this person will be setting the UK website conversion strategy, working very closely with our Analytics, Trading, Marketing, UX, Product Owners and Tech community to build the best E commerce journey so that visitors are compelled to shop online. They will have to be super brilliant to listening to customers using quantitative and qualitative information and also reaching out to our contact centre colleagues too. The role line manages a team of 4 who will be instrumental in shaping the conversion agenda. This person must have proven experience of having driven the Conversion agenda and increased revenue significantly and customer experience scores. This is a super exciting role that gives exposure at the MD level and also transforms the way AO works - so looking for Change agent who leads by example and takes people on the journey of our vision.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Develop and agree an overall conversion, cross sales and lead generation strategy and vision for the channel (internet, mobile, social) to take us to world class levels.Work with Commercial teams to agree sales budgets, targets, and regular re-forecasts for the channel for each product.Accountable for the delivery of the Conversion targets (with appropriate support from functions)Accountable for delivery of the Brilliant Basics P&L contribution to the businessBe responsible for driving personalised journeys and processes across the sites to ensure a great customer experience and commercial viability.Drive, prioritise and support Conversion development projects and act as business lead:
- Conversion and customer improvement
- Lead generation for other channels
- Sales from the secure site
- Contribute to main strategy projects (SME, Mobile App) ensuring channel sales needs are.
Develop strong linkages and networks:
- With other stakeholders (marketing, commercial) to embed a digital sale culture.
- With other channel owners to ensure we maximise the value of cross-channel opportunities
- With external companies who are global leaders in this field to build our expertise to world-class levels
Ensure appropriate governance and reporting is in place and followed.
Role has direct accountabilities for:
- Sales & Service Sites - end to end journey.
- Secure Site sales
- Mobile sites/Apps
- Lead generation for other channels
A Few Things About You
- Strong record of driving tangible business results as well as highly satisfied and engaged customers.
- Significant experience digital sales in retail environment, gained in leading edge provider.
- Exposure to/understanding of industry leading sales & service in other industries (e.g., telecoms, tech, online retail)
- Good knowledge of mobile app retail and social media
- Understanding and experience of the UK Data protection (GDPR) environment
- Highly analytic, with experience of standard web and analytic techniques to improve conversion, (Google, Dynamic yield, cookies etc) plus leading edge/emerging techniques.
- Ability to work in collaborative way across functions to achieve commercial objectives.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills working under pressure.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.