About The Role
Are you exceptional at all things social and content? AO are looking for a superstar head of social to lead our ambitious plans to grow and engage followers across all social platforms. You’ll have full scope to define the strategy with a healthy budget for content creation and amplification. This is a pivotal role in AO’s marketing team and as such we’re looking for someone with a proven track record in growing engaged social communities.
We’re looking for someone who is equally confident at the creative and analytical sides of social marketing. We love big ideas and customer led content that can be measured and optimised as you go. We don’t expect you to do all of this on your own and you’ll have support from a team of marketing execs and assistants to deliver these plans. You’ll also have the support of a business who fully appreciates the value of engaged social communities as vital part of achieving our marketing objectives. At AO we don’t do things like other electrical retailers, we love to challenge the ordinary and push the boundaries of selling online.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Own the social strategy for AO by being the in-house expert for all things social and content.
- Define our platform strategy for growth, including the introduction of new platforms or channel tactics.
- Lead the organic social team to grow followers, keeping them engaged through content and primed to convert into new customers.
- Develop a test & learn plan to identify and refine the best performing tactics, including content strategies; constantly striving to grow and improve engagement.
- Take responsibility for our influencer programme and develop a growth strategy according to the business objectives.
- Work with our in-house creative team to produce headline worthy content.
- Set KPIs for each campaign and measure performance against these.
- Support and develop a team of marketing execs and assistants.
A Few Things About You
- Obsessed with all things social content and seen as an expert in the field.
- Previous experience in significantly growing engaged social communities with the confidence and knowledge to take ownership for strategy.
- Consistent track record in delivering campaigns that meet or exceed the agreed KPIs, ideally with a background in retail.
- A strategic thinker who can see the bigger picture, as well as being on top of the day to day detail.
- Analytical and results driven, constantly looking for opportunities to improve performance.
- Able to work within tight deadlines and deliver multiple campaigns as the same time.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and proactive.
- A people person who can build relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.