About The Role
You’ll be responsible for the global design, delivery and maintenance of world class service operations capability for AO.
Collaborating with Senior leadership, functional leads, strategic partners and 3rd party vendors to deliver service excellence across the organisation.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You’ll strategically partner with key stakeholders, both internally and externally to shape our future business, to provide exceptional IT service operations whilst driving continuous improvement to deliver transformational change across the company.
You’ll drive operational excellence within Tech to achieve exceptional results, with a focus on principles and practices to enable cross-functional and cross-organisational collaboration of service providers (internal and external) and optimise service quality, customer happiness and systems performance.
A few of the things you’ll expect to be doing:
- Create and deliver the strategy for service integration and management, and ensure full alignment across global Tech for service operations
- Builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IT and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring efficient delivery of IT services to meet those needs.
- Defines, develops and manages a comprehensive and integrated ITSM landscape, based on best-practice processes, disciplines and related toolsets.
- Develops the maturity of IT Services to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations and increase collaboration with other business areas (e.g., through Agile and DevOps).
- Accountable for the IT Service transformation objectives ensuring the business has internal capability (people, process, partners and systems) to support the target operating model.
- Provides a 24/7/365 global business support offering which maintains exceptional levels of customer interaction and support
- Service catalogue management: Act as a single point of contact to collect, filter, and channel the supply of IT services into an overall enterprise service catalogue, including platforms provided by 3rd parties, which are consumed by any part of AO group wide.
- Build, deliver and operate an effective global service management and integration and management framework, linked to our Tech TOM, to align people, process, partners and tools to a common set of standards and practices
A Few Things About You
You’re a technology leader with bags of service delivery experience, End to End Service Integration and Management - you’ve got the scars to prove it.
You’ll have gained this experience in a cross-cultural and fast paced environment, without overly engineered or bureaucratic methods.
Having worked with a variety of vendors, you know what good looks like and are more than comfortable managing those relationships and contracts.
It goes without saying you have great people leadership skills, you’ve hired, coached and lead plenty of tech teams before.
Comfortable in working with both tech and non-tech stakeholders across the group, you’re more than capable of understanding business requirements, influencing & leading change.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance