A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
The Head of People Operations will lead the transformation of the current People administration function to a leading global People Shared Services provision for the group. Exceptional customer experience, defined by the AO Values of Bold, Smart & Driven will be at the heart of the function whilst delivering an efficient and risk-controlled proposition which is internationally scalable, trusted and rooted in self-service for our employees.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
• Define and enlarge the vision and scope of services to be shared across One AO leading to efficiency, security, risk mitigation and cost benefits. This will be market, legal, sector and best practice led
• Develop and grow a People Operations leadership team that delivers the vision and plan for People Operations transformation
• Quickly establish solid relationships across One AO to understand and ensure customer satisfaction
• Manage the successful migration of operational people activity from the business units/centres of excellence into a single people operations model. Ensuring that business as usual activity is protected, and overall service improved
• Partner with agreed resources to manage the successful introduction of new technology into people operation and own the people technology roadmap via a strong working relationship with IT to ensure we are leveraging new technologies to continually improve efficiencies and the service offering.
• Work seamlessly and collaboratively with the Centres of Excellence, Business Partners and business units to help to shape and implement the broader people strategy
• Implement a single Employee Relations Advisory solution to support the business on key Employee Relations activity, ensuring best practise and risk mitigation across the group
• Measures and reports on administrative SMCR compliance and continually reviews processes in line with regulatory demands.
• In the short term develop and lead a team of people administrators to ensure current processes are improved and that the team has the capability to deliver the current requirements
A Few Things About You
- Deep understanding of shared service/people operations models and a proven track record within a similar role in a global organisation.
- Customer experience focused with track record of implementing large scale process changes. Ability to develop innovative solutions to process issues in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to set strategy, drive performance, consistently produce results, cultivating ownership while enforcing policies and applicable employment law in the AO way.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills, able to inspire and influence across the organisation as well as in areas outside direct control through proactive engagement of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to challenge, build high levels of credibility and work with integrity to influence behavioural change within a very commercially focused fast-moving business
- Ability to work at pace and within a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment
- Experience in the areas of human resources, business change, supply chain and programme management
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.