A Bit About Us
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there.
Using cutting edge techniques, we’re committed to extracting as much value as possible from the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment that’s thrown away by UK households every year and
When AO sells a new appliance, it’s often our job to take the old one away. We give our AO customers total peace of mind by ensuring their unwanted machines are safely and responsibly recycled - or refurbished for resale as a second-hand product.
We’re experts in recycling, and we work with government, local authorities, businesses and consumers to make sure the UK improves the way it recycles its unwanted electrical items.
More About the Role
An exciting opportunity for a Head of People who has the ability to influence, partner and lead at all levels whilst delivering innovative and sustainable solutions.
You will co-ordinate large scale growth, lead sustainable change including the launch of a new site whilst still nurturing a great culture and a pipeline of talent.
You will develop a people strategy for AO Recycling and work collaboratively with the virtual AO people community and your leaders, to align with overall group strategy.
You will lead a small on site team, identify needs and access the people services from the Central People teams, monitoring effectiveness and providing feedback.
You will have a flexible and pragmatic approach; comfortable being involved in the operational aspects of the HR, as well as the strategic and group elements.
You will enable Recycling to achieve its objectives through its people by a blend of insight, technology, HR expertise and shared learning
A team player who can also act as coach and confidante to business leaders
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Develop a people strategy that fits with AO’s purpose and values
- Provide a people proposition and plan that attracts, identifies, develops and retains talent, giving confidence in benchstrength and pipeline
- Influence and coach the business in adopting best practice HR and support them in inspirational leadership of their teams to maximise individual and team contribution
- You will be responsible for a small on site team that may need to grow.
- Oversee the entire employee lifecycle, from recruitment and onboarding to learning, reward, performance, wellbeing and engagement, ensuring that the team are relentless in striving to deliver a best in class people proposition
- Contribute to business and budget planning; Take the lead on organisational change and workforce planning
- Identify People data requirements and provide insight and analysis to drive actions and deliver timely solutions
- Provide comprehensive HR consultancy support which takes account of both local, group and relevant internal and external factors
- Act as ambassador for AO in local community and create relationships with Recruitment Agencies, Apprenticeship providers and Universities to raise Brand and develop entry talent pipeline
- Lead, coach, motivate and develop team
A Few Things About You
- Able to deliver in a fast paced recycling company with plans for large scale growth
- Act as a visible and impactful change catalyst across a diverse workforce who are a mix of permanent and temporary colleagues
- HR Partner with expertise in generalist HR, consultation and mediation
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships quickly
- Innovative and curious, willing to question the status quo and learn.
- Commercial and the ability to provide the case for best practice Vs best fit using insight and expertise
- Strong employee relations skills and knowledge
- Able to influence and negotiate across all levels, building networks internally and externally with key stakeholders
- Self-sufficient and proactive
- Self-starter able prioritise own workload
- Good interpersonal skills, confident in approach and seeks out feedback to grow
- Pro-active and flexible in approach to work
- Team player within own Teams and across AO people community
- Organised, structured approach to work
- Able to motivate, coach and lead
The success candidate is responsible for creating the people strategies that will ensure that all our people in Recycling have the skills, knowledge and development opportunities required to help them grow.
TECHNICAL: Professional People Qualification /CIPD qualified or equivalent is preferred
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
If you require any further information about this role please email - email@example.com
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.
Plus other benefits particular to our fantastic Telford site include:
- Telford Golf and Spa resort: Corporate room rate of £85 Bed and Breakfast for overnight stay at the Hotel.
- Telford Golf and Spa resort: Corporate discounted package of between £43 to £25* per month. This offers employees full 7 day access to their fantastic health club
- Aspirations Gym Membership: Great deals with gyms in your local area. Corporate rate of £23.50 per month
- Employee of the Month: £50 shopping vouchers for the employee who has gone above and beyond in representing our values.