A Bit About Us
AO go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business. We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
In December 2018 we celebrated the purchase of Mobile Phones Direct, a leading online-only retailer of mobile phones, to further extend our business into this exciting market. MPD is an award winning company that partners with all of the key mobile networks - EE, O2, Vodafone and Three - as well as the leading handset brands to deliver a complete mobile offering.
A full AO Mobile experience is in the works and will be coming soon, which is why we’re looking for everyday heroes to join our family and help us on this exciting journey.
More About the Role
This role is perfect for a self-starter looking for their next career move. AO’s recent acquisition of Mobile Phones Direct offers you the opportunity to lead the marketing function and set the strategy for growth across all of our various marketing channels. If you enjoy the pace of a fast growing business with the all the benefits of being backed by a power brand then this role is definitely a great move for you.
You have the opportunity to shape a customer centric Brand & Marketing Strategy & leverage the support of AO’s central teams. Your role will be crucial in successfully implementing a market leading proposition for both our mobile phone customers and our brand partners. You’ll be at the centre of an effortless experience for our customers, establishing AO Mobile as the place to find the best deals on all the latest smart phones.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Coach and develop a high performing team of marketing professionals (Digital, Analytics, Content, Product etc).
- Action marketing activity for both the AO Mobile and Mobile Phones Direct brands activity across all Channels, Online, Affiliate and CRM.
- Plan and organise marketing functions, marketing operations and communications, and ensure brand alignment.
- Create and sustain an influential network of strategic marketing partnerships with leading brands in mobile industry (Apple, Samsung, EE, O2, Three, Vodafone etc).
- Accountability for producing marketing KPIs, metrics and reporting.
- Control marketing budget, P&L and allocate resources effectively across projects.
- A rigorous focus on the management of CPA and maximising return on our marketing investment.
A Few Things About You
- You have online or direct experience ideally gained in FMCG or other fast paced sectors such as fashion, travel or media
* You have proven experience as a marketing leader or equivalent in online or e-commerce.
* You have extensive experience in the management and optimisation of digital marketing channels including paid search, SEO, social and CRM.
Why Choose AO?
- At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
- The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
- Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
- As an employee of AO Mobile you can take full advantage of our benefits package. We offer the fundamentals of 25 days holiday and a company pension scheme. We also offer all employees the opportunity to take advantage of our partnership with Perkbox that offers over 200 exclusive perks.