About The Role
You'll be joining one of the fastest growing PLC’s in the country and be responsible for ensuring our Estate is developing, operational, compliant and to the best standard. Reporting to our IT Services Director, the role of Head of Group Estate Operations (MAT Cover) will be a key appointment to the senior management team and will play an integral part in providing a uniformed Estates Management services across their property portfolio. You'll be responsible for steering our Estates strategy, with key focus areas including sustainability, growth, acquisition and flexibility.
This role will involve travel to view all estates in our portfolio.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Execute and adapt the Estates Strategy.
- Continually develop and motivate a team of 30 plus members.
- Responsible for managing the Estates budget.
- Programmes of work to be delivered on time, within budget and hitting all key deliverables.
- Ensuring the Estate is continuously compliant, keeping up to date with all legislative requirements.
- Constantly delivering Site Services to ensure the soft facilities delivery is in line with the business changes and strategy.
- Delivering all property development improvements, fit outs and new sites in line with growth plan.
- Improving the sustainability ways of working and driving positive change.
- Key member of the Business Continuity team.
- Responsible for keeping our property secure.
- Setting and achieving all Objectives for wider group and individual requirements.
A Few Things About You
Substantial facilities and estate operational experience
Experience leading the development of a robust and forward think facilities/estates strategy
H&S IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
Valid UK Driving License
Working with senior stakeholders work through priorities
Cross functional support and consideration.
Strong background in Facilities in a fast-paced environment.
We believe that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.