About The Role
This role is all about providing leadership and expertise in Data Architecture, Meta-Data Management, Data Quality, Data Standards, Data Modelling, Data Cataloguing and Data Governance.
As a proven leader and subject matter expert you’ll shape, drive, implement and mature data management and architecture across the group; working with business stakeholders at all levels.
It’ll be your mission is to make sure all data across AO is secure, compliant, trusted, and available at all times. By partnering with Data, Tech and Business leadership it’ll be your job to embed data management tools, roles, and practiced in all corners of the organisation.
- This role comes with all the key benefits in addition to a bonus and a car allowance.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- You’ll be engaging with executive and group leadership to shape AO’s approach to data management, architecture, and governance, building buy-in, educating the organisation.
By taking ownership of defining and rolling-out AO’s Data Management Framework you’ll drive clear business outcomes on data compliance, security, trust and availability.
You’ll help shape and implement the Target Operating Model and build the integrated technological and tooling capability needed to support and enable enterprise-wide data management & architecture.
Working closely and collaboratively with the leadership of DEA&AI you’ll build a highly effective team of data management & architecture SMEs and practitioners.
A Few Things About You
- You’ve got several years of experience leading, shaping and implementing data management & architecture practices. You’ve got strong communication and presentation skills.
- You’ve a proven understanding of the business impact and benefits of data management & architecture, covering both operational and analytical data
- You’ve got the ability to fully define and implement a Data Management Framework that is tailored to a organisational needs, ways of working and culture.
- You’ve got a broad understanding of the applications of data across an enterprise for operational and analytical use cases; preferably in online/digital commerce and retail settings.
Leadership and Management Competencies
- Strategic clarity
- Team Alignment
- Leading Change and Delivering Results
- Talent Developer
- Team Building
- Global Behavior
- Drive and Resilience
- Growth Mindset
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance