About The Role
This role sits at the forefront of our newly formed Data Engineering, Analytics & AI (DEA&AI) function and is accountable for all things data with a view to proactively engage across the group.
This is position is for a forward-thinking luminary to act as a thought partner with all business units across the group to leverage data capabilities. You’ll partner with the Data and Business leadership to shape and achieve the strategic aspirations of the group and organizational units.
The role covers the wide remit of all the business-facing and externally facing Data capabilities, consisting of Data Product Management, Data Clinics, Data Academy, Data Studios as well as External Engagement.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You’ll identify strategic opportunities linked to business value and partner with stakeholders to set priority, manage expectations, facilitate the changes needed to activate insights and measure impact.
You’ll build, coach and drive a highly effective team of engagement visionaries and product SMEs and create a function that is the initial and primary contact between the AO business functions and the DEA&AI delivery teams.
Promoting innovative, scalable data solutions, with a focus on the re-use of services and frameworks already built, pragmatically aligning the needs of the business with the capability provided by the DEA&AI function.
You’ll build and embed Data Studios to drive data innovation and a test-and-learn culture across the business as well as shaping, building and running an org-wide Data Academy, with a view to drive data literacy and data fluency throughout the organisation.
A Few Things About You
- You ‘get’ data analytics, you know what the art of the possible is, without knowing the technical details of how it’s achieved.
- You have demonstrable strategic and operational consulting experience with e-commerce, retail, or comparable industries.
- You're an expert in one or more of the following areas: data-driven personalisation, marketing analytics, price optimization, demand forecasting or logistics and warehousing optimisation.
- A strong people leader, you’re experienced in coaching and developing technical teams.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling. When it comes to electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines, TVs, everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We want to change the world for the better. We treat every customer like they’re our gran and make decisions our mum’s would be proud of. We build diverse and inclusive teams and we value each and every person’s contribution. This allows us to better represent our customers and the communities we serve
Why Choose AO?
- Finding a work/life balance is key so our core hours are 10-4pm. For most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most.
- We also offer 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays). You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to learn or pursue qualifications and we’ll cover the cost.
- Our Share Save scheme and a bonus pay-out for every AOer if we smash our targets by March 2025. Plus, we’ll help look after the future you with our pension scheme, with our contributions starting from at least 5%.
- We’ve set up a Simply Health cash plan, which can help you save towards both medical and dental care. We also have loads of dedicated wellness initiatives to keep your mind, body and spirit in tip-top shape