A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This exciting role is to lead the commercial department for the retail mobile business reporting into the Commercial Director. Developing and executing the commercial strategy in alignment with the overall retail strategy, forming a critical part of driving future growth and value for the AO Group. Initially responsible for a small team that we see evolving in the future.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Supporting and advising all key stakeholders across the AO group in a business partner role to drive both short term and long term trading performance
- Develop and provide full end to end advanced analytics services, helping to shape both strategic and tactical growth and profitability plans
- Full P&L accountability for optimising incomes.
- Working cross business units to drive efficiency in areas like fulfilment.
- Budgetary & forecasting responsibility for Retail by collaboratively setting financial targets and objectives, monitoring performance on an ongoing basis and taking corrective actions where appropriate
- Continually developing and delivering plans for business growth and / or enhanced profitability, through an innovative and commercially focused data-oriented approach
- Leadership and development of a multidisciplinary service delivery team, ensuring team are engaged, inspired and developed to their full potential
- Driving continuous improvement and innovation in the delivery of team outputs
- Establishing strong and enduring relationships with internal customers
- Ensure function remains agile to move with business direction
A Few Things About You
- Strong commercial awareness and a customer centric approach
- First class commercial problem solving, analysis and decision-making ability
- Able to influence and negotiate across all levels, based on an ability to think strategically and creatively for all parties
- Confident, clear and concise communication skills and strong influencing skills
- Highly driven and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to perform well in a fast paced changing environment
- Act as a visible and impactful change catalyst
- Innovative and curious, willing to question the status quo and learn.
- Strong leadership capability, motivating, growing and developing a large and diverse team
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.