About The Role
Earn what you deserve
Our basic is £26k. The OTE is £42k which 85% of the Sales Executive currently earn. The commission is uncapped and top performers earn over £50k. You don't have to wait to start earning commission either! You can earn from day one on the phones within the glide path!
When you are part of our team, there are many opportunities to progress and make your mark, 81% of our sales managers can prove that stat as they’ve been promoted internally.
Strive for more
We will also commit to your future at AO with iLead, our career development programme. Here you will learn new skills to support your progression into management
AO was voted as the best sales employer in the UK after winning 2 prestigious awards at the 2018 Institute of Sales Management BESMA awards - ‘Best Sales Employer & ‘Best Sales Team’ ahead of some of the best companies in the UK. This is excellent for you as it means you will be joining a business that is truly recognised as the fantastic sales employer that we are working in an engaging environment with massive opportunities to grow and progress your career as well as the chance to earn over £50k!
We don’t do ordinary, so as you would expect, neither is our offices or perks, this includes;
Regular nights out to celebrate and reward success, exclusive incentives and an atmosphere where the fun is dialled up!
We deliberately surround ourselves with those on the same mission - Everything is a team effort!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- We care about the purchases our customer’s make and want to protect their interests. This means calling them after their online order and offering them our value added service.
- Our customers are people and we want you to build a lasting impression on them that is positive - Truly understanding their needs and building relationships is a crucial part of the role
- The customer always comes first - Our approach is consultative and not pushy. Our sales executives are able to sell to customers using proven techniques and belief in the product.
- Everything is a team effort - You will be part of a wider team in Manchester and this means getting involved, caring about your team mates and working together closely.
A Few Things About You
- Working in a high activity, outbound sales role is nothing new for you - It’s something you have done recently and know you are good at it.
- You hone your skills and clearly understand the full sales cycle and can explain your approach and techniques with confidence.
- You prefer to work in a sales role where integrity and a consultative approach are encouraged
- You know exactly what you want to earn and why
- You learn from your failures and turn them in to success. You stay positive in the face of adversity
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.