About The Role
We are looking for someone to join our growing commercial team, at a really exciting time of transformation. Working alongside two analysts and a senior analyst to help drive forward our marketing analytics function. Ultimately improving the process for the reporting, analysis, and management of wider stakeholders to ensure we are getting the best return for our digital marketing activity.
This role is fundamental to increasing AO’s success through using data and reporting to react to market changes quickly and efficiently. The role will focus on how we automate our reporting, improve our day to day processes and help drive forward the use of our data. The role is suitable for someone who can work efficiently in a fast paced team and has the ability to adapt and learn new skills quickly, with lots of opportunity for growth and technical development
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Owning daily, weekly and monthly reporting on performance vs our forecast and budget
- Providing regular updates to stakeholders on a wide range of topics, including efficiency of marketing spend and market share
- Analysing large and complex data sets to identify areas of improvement and then driving these project ideas through to completion.
- Supporting other business units with market related analysis e.g. evaluating the profitability of commercial opportunities
- Developing new and existing Excel models, and introducing additional reporting and visualisation software to the business.
- Using analytics platforms such as Google Analytics to dig into data to find new opportunities and areas in which we could gain a higher return on our advertising spend
- Actively engage with and act as a business partner to many areas of the business
A Few Things About You
- Minimum of a 2.1 degree within a relevant field, gained within the last 3 years
- Highly numerate and logical with great attention to detail.
- Results driven and ambitious
- Good Commercial Awareness
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- MS office, Power BI & SQL skills would be advantageous but not essential.
- Exposure to marketing and web analytics tools such as Google analytics would be advantageous but not essential.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.