A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
In the Operations team we’re obsessive about our customers and the experience they get with us.
We work closely with teams across the business to analyse, identify and drive improvements and enhancements to the customer journey in order to make AO’s proposition and platform the best in Europe. We’re looking for someone who’s inquisitive by nature, driven to source accurate data and is passionate about identifying and presenting the most efficient solutions, whilst having the customer’s best interests at the forefront of their mind.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
• Owning daily, weekly and monthly reporting on performance vs our proposition
• Providing regular updates to stakeholders on a wide range of topics, including efficiency of cost centres and Contact Centre agent performance.
• Analysing large and complex data sets to identify areas of improvement and then driving these project ideas through to completion.
• Supporting other business units with customer related analysis and operational queries
• Developing new and existing Excel models, and introducing additional reporting and visualisation software to the business.
• Using SQL to dig into data to find new opportunities and areas in which the customer journey can be improved
• Actively engage with and act as a business partner to many areas of the business
A Few Things About You
• Minimum of a 2.1 degree within a relevant field, gained within the last 3 years
• Highly numerate and logical
• Attention to detail
• Results driven and ambitious
• MS Power BI & SQL skills would be advantageous but not essential.
The difference with us is that our values mirror every single one of our people. We haven’t made them up; they’re who we are and what we absolutely believe in, and you will need them too!
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.