A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Working in the sales and margin team within our Commercial Department, you’ll add value to the business supporting the commercial analysis of sales, margin and acquisition for a category of products or marketplace. You’ll work within our commercial team helping to report, analyse and explain performance before making recommendations on range, pricing, promotions and our customer proposition.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Weekly sales and margin reporting and analysis.
- Supporting commercial analysts with:
- Sales performance and mix
- Manufacturer performance
- Promotional activity
- Customer proposition and pricing
- Traffic and conversion performance by channel
- Performance of both free and paid channels
- Communicating analysis with our Purchasing, Finance and Marketing departments and providing clear recommendations on the back this work.
- Support other business teams through analysis and sharing of best practice
A Few Things About You
- Minimum 2.1, preferably in Maths, Statistics, Economics, Accounting or Business-related discipline
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and offer recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Solid business and commercial awareness
- Highly numerate/analytical mind-set
- Logical and tenacious approach, demonstrating a can-do attitude
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.