Graduate Commercial Analyst
£28,000 per Year Permanent
About The Role
Our commercial team are front and centre in our retail business. Without them, we wouldn’t have the insights needed to make decisions on range, pricing, promotions and all the other things that makes AO the number one destination for electricals.
As one of our Graduate Commercial Analysts, you’ll be doing way more than just number crunching. You’ll be using data to tell a story, make recommendations on what we do and really get to see first-hand the impact you’ll make on the business. We’ll start you off on a salary of £28,000, and thanks to our dedicated graduate development pathway and the structured timelines in place - within 36 months you could be a Senior Analyst and earning over £40,000!
You’ll have the perfect balance between on-the-job training from our team of experts, and external study support to gain a renowned CIMA qualification. It’s the perfect combination of accounting, finance and management - so you’ll be fully equipped with all the skills and techniques needed to set you up for success.
We know we work better when we're together, so all our AO’ers come into the office Monday-Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, and give better support and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Look at a range of data that will help drive commercial decisions across the business, such as sales and margin benefits or cost efficiencies
- Work closely with our trading teams to provide insight on sales drivers, profitability, pricing and product range
- Analyse and influence the performance of our customer proposition, making sure our services and delivery are best in class for both customers and the business
- Study towards your CIMA qualification, applying learnings in your day-to-day role supported with a structured training plan
- Gain exposure to our P&L and see first-hand how the insights you provide impact a billion-pound business
- Develop strong relationships with different AOers across the business up to senior levels
- Learn all about the visualisation tools in our industry, and help the team to develop brilliant reports for the whole team to use
A Few Things About You
- A relevant, numerical degree with a minimum 2:1 result
- Strong analytical capability with experience of using Excel
- The ability to tell a story with data to a range of different people in the business
- Great relationship building and collaboration skills
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Matched pension - contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Help @ Hand scheme - virtual GP, mental health support, physiotherapy etc
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.