Graduate Commercial Analyst
About The Role
Our commercial team are slap bang in the middle of our retail business. (Literally - they sit on the 2nd floor)… Without them, we wouldn’t have the insights needed to make decisions on range, pricing, promotions and all the other things that makes AO the number one destination for electricals.
You’ll quickly learn how to report, analyse and explain performance before making recommendations on range, pricing, promotions, and our customer proposition. This is a hugely rewarding role where you get the chance to see the impact you're having on the P&L and wider business whilst becoming a brilliant analyst.
On a daily basis you’ll have exposure to our retail P&L and how your actions are driving the business forwards, providing context for senior management, and building out plans to continually improve. We want to see our graduate analysts develop and progress alongside the business, so we are committed to providing support, training, and a fun environment to grow in.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Support the Commercial Analysts to undertake a variety of detailed analysis and assist with developing cost-saving initiatives across the business
- By analysing data across sales and margin, manufacturer performance, pricing models and our customer proposition, you'll help to broaden your knowledge across the business
- Working alongside the team to review promotional activity plans
- Offer and openly share your ideas on where we can improve
- Communicating your findings to our Purchasing, Finance and Marketing teams by providing clear recommendations
- Support other internal teams through analysis and sharing of best practice
A Few Things About You
- A relevant, numerical degree or experience of working in a similar role
- Strong analytical capability with experience of using Excel
- Have a passion for improving the service we deliver for our customers.
- Be driven to deliver objectives professionally and with a smile so that you develop strong collaborative relationships across the business
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.