About The Role
We are looking for a driven and proactive graduate analyst to join our exciting and ever-growing UK Retail Business, focusing on commercial finance performance.
You will add value to the business and gain fantastic experience, aiding the development of the commercial P&L, driving forward performance of our retail business through insightful investigation, analysis and assisting in the implementation of accurate financial models.
You will build collaborative relationships with Finance Teams, Traders, Supply chain and the wider Commercial team, to positively impact AO performance and strategy
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Update and develop the daily commercial P&L, working with analysts across the department to understand key impacts to revenue and profitability.
- Collaborate with departments around the business to understand and accurately reflect income and costs within data models.
- Provide updates to manufacturers on sales performance across ranges.
- Analyse site-wide promotional activity and make recommendations to improve.
- Support commercial analysts with:
- Sales performance and mix
- Building of dashboards
- Manufacturer performance
- Customer proposition and pricing
Communicate performance data and analysis with our Purchasing, Finance and Marketing departments and providing clear recommendations on the back this work.
- Support the business in pursuit of all relevant sales and profitability metrics
A Few Things About You
- A relevant degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Highly numerate/analytical mind-set
- Logical and tenacious approach, demonstrating a can-do attitude
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.