About The Role
Our Returns Operatives will play a vital part in the operation and the customer journey by rolling up our sleeves up to get things done.
* Salary £9.80 per hour
* 40.25 hour per week (Full time) Permanent contract
* Shift Pattern - 4 on 4 off
* Shift times- 06.00am - 18.00pm
* Great internal development pathways
* Location: Crewe
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Here's what you can expect to be doing:
- Work to deadlines on unloading products when all vehicles return
- You will scan all documents for De-brief
- Ensure all returned items are correctly logged
- Identify the products returned and complete the manifest
- Separating returned items in to good and bad stock and grading them
- Highlighting and escalating any issues found
- Monitoring any unidentified returns
- Reporting any accidents, product ideas or damages.
- Any other duties that may be required
- Adhere to all Health and Safety guidelines
- Complete any other duties that may be required
A Few Things About You
It is important that we all work together to stay motivated throughout the shift, be able to work independently and in a team. Take on tasks and complete to a high standard.
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to follow instructions
- Experience of working in a warehouse or logistics environment
- Experience of working under pressure
- Can remain calm under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Good time management
- An FLT license desirable but not essential
- PC literate desirable but not essential
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
• 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
• AO discount
• Attendance bonus
• Share save scheme- If you fancy an easy way to save money, our Share-save Scheme might be just the thing
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.