About The Role
As a copywriter, you’ll tackle a variety of copy across our core web pages, bringing products to life and making the shopping journey as easy as possible.
You’ll turn the technical and complicated into friendly and easy-to-understand words. We’re looking for someone who’s super-creative and able to keep their writing full of personality.
You’ll have a keen eye for detail, and you’ll adopt and execute our tone of voice with expert precision.
We’re a pretty fast paced business, so you’ll also need to be super organised and always ready for a challenge.
There is an opportunity for this role to be remote
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Full responsibility of the copy across our category, lister and product pages, drafting a variety of copy for key feature bullets, product overviews and scripts.
- Craft UX copy across our core customer journey - using informed data and insights to create an effortless customer experience.
- You’ll also pick up both translation and transcreation briefs
- Working closely with teams around the business to ensure projects meet their deadliness
- Ensuring our content is accurate and consistent across our sites
- You’ll be the guardian of our tone of voice.
A Few Things About You
- At least 2 years’ experience in a copy writing role
- You’re brimming with creative ideas and have excellent copywriting skills.
- Excellent communicator with a solid grasp of both written and spoken English.
- Be comfortable taking direction and feedback from multiple stakeholders and levels across the business.
- Highly organised and proactive.
- Have a genuine interest and love of writing and storytelling.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.