A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
- To produce weekly payroll records by collating information from various internal and external sources
- Assist with the production of monthly payroll and the elements that makes it up
- General administrative duties
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Ensure all Monthly pay information is collated and forwarded to ADP within set timelines.
- The checking of payslips prior to BACS processing by accounts
- The distribution of payslips, P45’d and administration of Tax codes for new starters. (German equivalent)
- Checking and processing of Pension, Childcare Vouchers & salary sacrifice payments (German equivalent)
- Reconciling charity donations and V&V activity deductions
A Few Things About You
- German Speaking is Essential
- Responsibility to recognize the sensitivity and confidentiality of company and personal information.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Competent use of Microsoft Office software, ideally Microsoft Excel (intermediate level) and Word
- Experience of a payroll system (Northgate, ADP etc) an advantage
- Flexible attitude and able to work with confidential information
- Excellent time management and job prioritisation skills.
- Self motivated
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure.
- Administrative experience
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.