A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
You will work closely with the colleagues of all levels specifically the installations management team, installations coordinators, driver line team and outbase teams.
You will also work closely with the people and development team when required.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
As our installations engineer you will provide a first class home delivery, installations and collections service to our customers. Working with a variety of gas and electrical cooker installations as well as hobs and other domestic appliances and AV products.
You will constantly strive to ensure that your knowledge of regulations and legislation is well refreshed and make customer satisfaction and safety paramount in your day to day role.
Other duties include;
* Engaging with customers on face to face basis
* Adapt to new situations
* Work as part of the engineer team
* Make on the spot decisions regarding health & safety at the point of installation
* Keep open lines of communication with customers and other team members
* Feedback on products or installation issues to improve the service going forward
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
* Deliver excellent customer service
* Meet targets on installation times
* Work within our safe working practices
A Few Things About You
As the first and possibly only company representative face our customers will see, you will project our values in every aspect of your role. Caring about the satisfaction of our customers, as well as providing a first class installations, deliveries and collections. You will be outgoing and friendly making sure that, as part of the AO family you deliver a service that you would expect your own family to receive. You will be driven to go above and beyond for our customers, exceeding their expectations is what we do best and you will be a huge part of their journey with us. You will be confident and decisive when required to ensure that installs and collections are done both well and safely.
You will come from a domestic appliance installation background and have a wealth of knowledge and experience in the gas industry.
* Installation of cookers, hobs and other domestic appliances (including AV products)
* Work independently when required but welcome being part of a team
* Gas safety checks
* Health & safety escalation protocol within the gas industry
* Fault finding with gas domestic appliances
* Have a strong customer focus
* Be flexible with working hours to ensure installations are completed
* Team orientated
* Attention to detail
* Great communication
* Have the ability to work in stressful situations
* Full UK driving license
* Gas Safe Registration
* ACS, CCN1 & CKR1
* Technical experience in the field
* LPG desirable
* AV installation experience desirable.
* Knowledge of integrated and built in appliances desirable
* Electrical qualifications desirable
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.