About The Role
Our established Premium Delivery fleet continues to expand and therefore we have opportunities for like-minded thinkers to join our strong management team.
As a Gas Safe registered business who have an affiliation with NICEIC we are looking for 2 Gas Fleet Managers to join our national team who, like us understand the importance of safety and the value of our engineers qualifications
You'll be joining our existing management team who’s key objectives include not only managing compliance and the quality of service delivered by our engineers, but also promoting safe working practices at all times and also driving innovation and developing the technical awareness, knowledge and skills of your Engineers as our premium services offering continues to evolve.
In many instances our Engineers are among the first faces that our customers see and part of your role will include ensuring that our values shine through each and every AOer on your team. We are number 1 and we want to stay that way, your management skills will help us to achieve this as you support your team in continuing to deliver the first class service that our customers expect from a premium fleet.
Other duties include;
- Ensure the business is kept up to date with the changing legislation and best practice
- Providing technical support to engineers when required
- Identify and deliver training needs, practical and theory - including tool box talks
- Provide on site evaluations and 1 to 1 training
- Inducting new engineers into the team
- Train and amend SSW’s where necessary
- Engineer audits
- Processing holiday requests and planning
- Investigating customer feedback and identifying customer service requirements
- Communication with manufacturers and suppliers of technical equipment and products
- Resource planning for peak volumes
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You will come from a service background within the domestic appliance industry. A smart, bold manager who can demonstrate great people and communication skills. You will be driven by results and will feed that energy back to your team.
- Work independently
- Have the ability to work to deadlines
- Technical installations and servicing knowledge of domestic appliances
- Be focused on quality
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Promote excellent teamwork
- Have a strong customer focus
- Team orientated
- Attention to detail
- Great communication
- Gas Safe Registration
- Must have Gas qualifications including CCN1 & CKR1
- Working knowledge of Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint
- Technical experience in the field
- End to end product knowledge of domestic appliance installations
- Electrical qualification desirable (must demonstrate competency)
- LPG desirable
- AV installation experience desirable.
A Few Things About You
You will be a key member of the installations management team, having a caring and approachable personality to help with the task of developing our trainers, engineers, trainees and apprentices to be the best that they can be.
We have very high standards when it comes to customer service and customer opinions of us, the installations team is frontline in delivering this on a regular basis. You will be bold enough to suggest new and improved technical and team improvements as you identify opportunities to uphold our standard of good reviews. The AO family will benefit from your caring and fun approach to ensuring all engineers are trained to the highest standards and receive the best technical support when needed.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.