A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
We are looking for a Dynamics 365 Retail Functional Consultant who takes an end-to-end, process-based approach to address key business challenges such as complexity reduction, operations excellence, enterprise transformation and growth through a fast paced business working alongside our partner.
The Functional Consultant will be challenged to understand and respond to varied business needs and work with internal stakeholders and the partner to rapidly enhance the internal capabilities needed to continuously improve operational performance.
As a Retail Functional Consultant in Dynamics you will use your strategy and operations consulting skills, business process knowledge, and other methodologies and tools to quantitatively analyse issues and drive solutions to transform the business.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
· End to end systems project life cycle, delivering projects using agile and waterfall methodologies
· Business performance and process diagnostics and assessments for successful delivery to production
· Ensuring application design and architecture components are fit for AO business processes while keeping them simple and standardised
· Supervising process and functional design activities internally and alongside our preferred partner
· Creating and reviewing functional requirements as an input to application design for success delivery to production
· Developing and testing detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototypes to ensure business processes work effectively
· Carry out analysis workshops- interacting directly with the project team, end users and stakeholders across the business to understand their needs and problem statements
· Documenting and analysing complex business processes to review deliverables against expected results
· Maintaining the Global configuration parameters for a central source of truth and audit purposes
· Planning and supporting Data migration to ensure accurate and robust data
· Supporting end user training to increase knowledge and buy in from end users
· Second line support for end user ‘functional’ issues
A Few Things About You
You need to be a great communicator and have solid interpersonal skills as you’ll be part of a team working with stakeholders. You must also have:
· Comprehensive experience using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012/D365 with 4+ years' experience using Retail and other associated modules to ensure success delivery to production
· Appetite for constantly improving processes
· A natural problem solver with a logical approach who enjoys going in and ‘fixing things’ and finding solutions
· Able to keep calm under pressure and deal with setbacks in a positive way
· A confident communicator at all levels - technical and non-technical
· Team player
· Able to meet tight deadlines and work in an efficient manner
· Technically strong with a good understanding of the O365 package
· Willing to go the extra mile to get things done
· Able to bring a bit of fun to work!
Nice to have?
· A part or fully qualified accountant (ACMA, ACCA, ACA)
· Microsoft certifications
We believe that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
•Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
•You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
•We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
•25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
•At least 5% contribution pension scheme
•Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.