About The Role
We are looking for a driven Senior FP&A Analyst to join our exciting and ever-growing UK Business, focusing on commercial, financial and market performance.
You will add value to the business, developing commercial insights and driving forward performance of our business through investigation, world class analysis and the implementation of accurate forecast models.
Ideally you would have an interest in market research and analysis and want to understand consumer behaviour and competitors’ strategies to assist with developing and analysing marketing plans.
You will build collaborative relationships with Senior Management, Finance Teams, Operational heads, and the wider Commercial team, to positively impact AO performance and strategy.
We know we work better when we're together and this role will be a work from work role. Working from work allows us to collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, be more creative, and give better support, and all of this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Produce weekly reports with input from all business areas
- Build forecasting models demonstrating current and expected performance
- Develop financial models and analysis to support strategies
- Support the leadership team with analysis and strategic planning
- Manage and develop a suite of KPI reports and dashboards
- Analyse budget, forecasts and deeper analysis of trends
- Drive improvement throughout the P&L, challenging key metrics and areas of opportunity
- Monitoring and forecasting marketing and sales trends
- Highlight performance vs market on a monthly basis
- Analyse competitor behaviour and performance
- Gather data on consumers, competitors, and markets
- Conduct ad hoc research on specific market conditions
A Few Things About You
- Proven financial planning & analysis experience
- Fully or Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA or QBE and equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience within a commercial or accounting function pulling together financial reporting
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including SQL, Macros, Queries
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building forecasting models
- Analytical thinker with strong research skills
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Matched pension - contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Help @ Hand scheme - virtual GP, mental health support, physiotherapy etc
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.