A Bit About Us
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that is thrown away by UK households every year.
Like the rest of the AO Group, we are an exciting company to work for. In the last years we have enjoyed tremendous growth but are not stopping there. The successful candidate will be joining a robust business with clear further expansion plans.
The role will be located at our plant in Telford, Shropshire, which uses state of the art technology and is able to process more items, more efficiently than any other site in the UK.
More About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an FLT engineer that is looking to join a rapidly expanding recycling company on a permanent basis. We process, recycle, repair, refurbish and sell a wide range of white goods, including washing machines, tumble dryers, cookers, dishwashers and refrigerators.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Depending on your qualifications and experience you will be required to:
- Service, maintain and repair breakdowns on equipment
- Have Diesel truck experience
- Possess Hydraulics knowledge
- Have proven Electrical / Mechanical experience
- Be LOLER Certified
- Operate the material handling equipment
- Have acquired an NVQ or similar qualifications in FLT and/or vehicle repair
A Few Things About You
Applicants to be considered for the position must have some or all of the following:
- * Relevant experience and qualifications
- * Treat H&S as number one priority
- * Working ethic, where job needs to be done to high standard of quality, safety and hygiene
- * Excellent Problem-solving skills
- * Ability to learn quickly i.e. new machinery, skills
- * Work under pressure in a changing target driven environment
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.