About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Fleet Project Manager who can think in an unconventional way to improve and develop our current fleet and systems while ensuring continued excellent levels of compliance as our business grows. Working alongside the commercial department, you will continuously monitor the condition and suitability of the fleet with a focus on future growth, compliance, efficiency and sustainable, environmentally friendly practices.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You will be highly involved in ongoing and new projects as well as ensuring continued excellent levels of compliance and fleet standards.
- Creating detailed analysis of existing fleet. Profile fleet by age, cost, utilisation and operational functionality
- Carry out root cause analysis with the ability to identify and deliver solutions
- Develop long term fleet strategy to best fit business need
- Develop and enhance future fleet to be more operationally and commercially efficient ensuring new equipment design and development meets business needs
- Explore possible green and sustainable fleet options
- Work closely with the commercial department to coordinate the lease / hire and eventual disposal of additional assets
- Work closely with vehicle manufacturers and leasing companies to develop future vehicle and trailer specifications
- Continue to develop fleet maintenance and compliance processes and systems
- Monitor and manage the company OCRS and ensure ongoing compliance across all traffic areas
- Provide on-going support to DM’s and OM’s with any vehicle related issues
- Remain up to date with transport legislation and cascade to the DM’s and OM’s
- Proactively manage risk to enable employees to work in line with H&S procedures. Must have up to date knowledge of H&S legislation
A Few Things About You
Our Fleet Project Manager needs to be passionate about driving our business forward and really care about the service we deliver. You will be able to work under pressure whilst remaining relaxed and approachable and be driven to deliver on key objectives. You need to be bold enough to make decisions quickly and be able to challenge our suppliers, monitoring performance so that we are always improving. Continuing to uphold legislation throughout the business, you will ensure we remain compliant and roadworthy at all times.
- Experience of being in a Fleet Management and technical services lead role
- Extensive knowledge of fleet performance and key efficiency metrics.
- Extensive knowledge of fleet cost.
- Extensive knowledge of the transport fleet market.
- Experience of building long lasting relationships with key suppliers
- Experience of coordinating the lease and hire of additional assets and eventual disposal
- Excellent understanding of transport and logistics
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Strong strategic planning and experience in preparing reports and understanding trends and variances.
- Experience of working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience of working collaboratively with senior managers and other departmental managers
- Able to produce management reports
- An understanding of managing or working to budgets
- Dedicated with a passion to succeed
- Understand project requirements, co-ordinate resources and effectively direct projects within a given timeframe, managing projects ‘end to end’
- Possesses good experience of troubleshooting and root cause analysis with an ability to identify and implement solutions
- Ability to communicate to teams to ensure smooth and effective implementation.
- Can remain calm under pressure
- Able to solve problems independently and confidently
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Able to communicate confidently with authoritative bodies
- CPC Holder
- An excellent understanding of the legal regulations that surround fleet maintenance and management
- Experience of managing a large fleet operation efficiently and in line with budget
- PC literate including in-house logistics systems and Microsoft Packages
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.