A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
An exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant working within the UK Retail entity of the business. In this role you’ll be reporting into our FP&A Manager and contributing directly to the profitability reporting of the business. This is a busy and demanding role, and requires somebody who is happy going into the detail with a meticulous attention to detail. The UK Finance team are a close- knit bunch, with a work hard, play hard attitude and they do a pretty good job of making sure they live by our ‘Fun’ value! This is a varied and often demanding role so we need someone who is up for the challenge!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Assisting the FP&A Manager with full forecasting and budgeting responsibility for the AO Retail entity as well as consolidation of the UK Trading entities.
- Reporting actuals vs budget for all cost centres across the Group including full overhead cost analysis. * Responsibility for AO Retail weekly forecast & full year outturn including variance analysis to budget and previous forecasts
- Consolidation of the UK forecast & full year outturn
- UK reporting pack (COO pack) including variance analysis of latest outturn vs budget/prior year/previous forecasts
- Budget responsibility for AO Retail and the UK consolidated position
- Cost centre reporting across all entities including Europe Challenge consolidated UK overheads across all entities
- Staff reporting vs budget across all entities
- Build key relationships with UK Retail Commercial team
- Assistance with preparing KPI reporting (financial metrics)
- Assistance with profitability analysis by category, channel, product, across all UK entities
- Management of one direct report, FP&A Assistant
A Few Things About You
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA)
- Previous experience of FP&A
- High proficiency in MS Excel (sumifs, vlookups, pivots etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Powerpoint and the ability to create clear and informative financial presentations
- Takes ownership of tasks, maintaining focus when tight deadlines are required
- Good level of communication and confidence
- Demonstrates creative thinking when solving problems, constantly driving improvement of time consuming tasks
- Understands a common goal, shares information with colleagues, contributes to an atmosphere of trust
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, focuses on a ‘can do’ way of thinking, and is willing to accept new challenges
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.