About The Role
Our finance team is at the heart of every key decision we make!
Andy, our Financial Director, is looking for a qualified Financial Controller to help us make those key decisions in our Logistics business (Expert Logistics). As our Financial Controller, you’ll have full responsibility for finance in Expert Logistics. This includes financial control, reporting, management, and statutory accounts.
Leadership is key, as you’ll be managing a team of 6 finance professionals as well as working closely with the Expert Logistics senior leadership team.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, are more creative, and give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Ensuring strong financial control over key processes in a growing business.
- Overall accountability for Expert Balance sheet and the related controls in line with applicable accounting policies/standards
- Timely close of month-end ledgers.
- Production of annual statutory accounts and provision of relevant information/explanations for the auditors
- Production of monthly management accounts and reports.
- Interaction with the Commercial Finance Team to pull together weekly P&L forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts.
- Analysing WOW forecast variances and weekly actual to weekly budget variances with the Commercial team.
- Analysing variances between the weekly forecast and actual numbers at month's end.
- Production of annual budgets and three-year forecasts in partnership with the Commercial Team.
- Lead, develop and motivate the team, including managing the overall development of individuals, promoting a culture of high performance and achievement
A Few Things About You
- CIMA, ACA, or ACCA qualification is a must.
- Previous experience in a senior-level finance role
- Strong communication skills within your immediate team and across the business to manage various stakeholders.
- Utilises time effectively to appropriately prioritise tasks, communicate with others in the business and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Welcomes feedback and works collaboratively to improve processes continually.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.