About The Role
An exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant working within the UK Retail entity of the business. In this role you’ll be reporting directly into our Financial Controller and being the driving force for change and improvement in both our systems and processes. The role aims to improve the quality and accuracy of data and information that we use as part of our accounting records and maintenance of controls. The candidate will be expected to work on all areas of Finance from purchase ledger, sales ledger and management accounts. Everyday will bring different challenges so the ideal candidate needs to be flexible and passionate about continuous improvement..
There is an expectation that this individual will be working on several projects at the same time, managing competing priorities and a wide range of stakeholders throughout the life of a project.
The whole business is embarking on a significant ERP transformation project over the next 2 years and this role will be central to that transformation. Although this role will report to UK Retail Financial Controller there will be an expectation to work with other Finance Managers and the wider Finance Leadership Team across all business units. The UK Retail Finance team are a close-knit team, with a work hard, play hard attitude. This is a varied and often demanding role, so we need someone who is up for the challenge!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Taking the lead on key finance transformation projects communicating and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders during projects.
- Representing the requirements and ‘voice’ of Finance in cross department transformation initiatives.
- Leading on thorough business analysis to understand and document the underlying issues within our controls, systems and processes both within the finance function and in the wider business where activities impact the finance outputs
- Driving solutions along with colleagues from across the finance function and the wider business to make recommendations for new ways of working.
- Supporting with the building and testing of new systems and processes as appropriate in conjunction with tech colleagues
- Taking a key role in the new ERP project across all of the areas outlined above
- Working closely with Finance Managers and teams within the wider finance department to encourage the sharing of best practice and promoting efficiencies and synergies across the function and between business units to drive continuous improvements in process and controls.
- Involvement in other ad hoc projects and initiatives relating to financial controls and risks as determined by the Financial Controller and Finance Leadership team.
A Few Things About You
• Fully/Part qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA)
• High proficiency in MS Excel (sumifs, vlookups, pivots etc.)
• Experience of use of Microsoft Dynamics AX/365.
• Takes ownership of tasks, maintaining focus when tight deadlines are required.
• Demonstrates good time management to achieve task completion and utilises time effectively.
• Good level of communication and confident within own abilities.
• Listens for understanding and expresses information clearly and concisely.
• Demonstrates creative thinking when solving problems, constantly driving improvements.
• Understands a common goal, shares information with colleagues, contributes to an atmosphere of trust.
• Demonstrates a positive and ‘can do’ attitude and is willing to accept new challenges.
• Ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders across the business including senior management.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.