About The Role
Responsible for all aspects of Finance for Expert Logistics (Expert) such as Financial Control, Reporting, Management Accounts and Statutory Accounts.
Responsible for the leadership and development of the Finance Team together with the service levels extended to the business units from central finance functions.
Responsible for driving finance transformation and improving processes and systems as the business grows.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Leading increased automation of Finance processes and alignment with AO group through the group ERP project.
- Ensuring strong financial control over key processes in a growing business.
- Introduction of KPI reporting on month-end and balance sheet metrics.
- Overall accountability for Expert Balance sheet and the related controls in line with applicable accounting policies / standards
- Timely close of month end ledgers.
- Production of annual statutory accounts and provision of relevant information / explanations for the auditors
- Production of monthly management accounts and reports.
- Interaction with the Commercial Finance Team to pull together weekly P&L forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts.
- Analysing WOW forecast variances and weekly actual to weekly budget variances with the Commercial team.
- Analysing variances between the weekly forecast and actual numbers at month end.
- Working with others in the business to improve P&L performance.
- Cash management through forecasting, management of debtors and creditors and liaising with AO treasury team.
- Provision of key reports to the management of the business
- Working with AO Tax department to ensure all VAT, PAYE, corporation and other tax obligations are met.
- Production of annual budgets and three year forecasts in partnership with the Commercial Team.
- Lead, develop and motivate the team, including managing the overall development of individuals, promoting a culture of high performance and achievement
- Ad hoc tasks for the Head of Finance, Head of Commercial and Managing Director.
A Few Things About You
- Strong communication skills within your immediate team and across the business to manage a wide variety of stakeholders
- Utilises time effectively to appropriately prioritise tasks, communicate with others in the business and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Welcomes feedback and works collaboratively to continually improve processes.
- Coaches others to higher levels of performance, delegates appropriately, encourages and supports others, helps others view change as an opportunity for growth, recognises values and acknowledges the contribution of others.
- Takes ownership and uses initiative to problem solve and come up with effective solutions. whilst maintaining focus under pressure.
- Demonstrates creative thinking when solving problems, establishing the issue and options available, obtains and weighs up all facts, confident in making decisions.
- Understands a common goal, adopting a collaborative approach with colleagues across the business.
- Adopts a positive attitude and embraces new challenges.
- Works well under pressure, whilst striving for win-win outcomes
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.